Saturday, October 18, 2008

I wish Jenny McCarthy was an MD!

WARNING: This might be a long post...
Before I get too much critiscm, I should re-phrase by saying that I am SO tired of her making me crazy, second guess my decisions, and just plain worry ALL the time. I swear she always says "something" to say just days before Zach is scheduled for his next set of shots. I should also say that I read and consider everything she says but where do you draw the line between listening to a celebrity tell her incredible journey or listening to your doctor and just trust that everything is going to be ok. By all means, it IS their JOB! I just wish she was actually a doctor - and this debate would be so much easier. I have heard horror stories about the MMR shot and I am terrified to give it to Zach. But do we risk putting it off and put him on a plane for 5 hours and risk infection? We had a reality check yesterday... we had to take Zach to urgent care because it appeared that he twisted or sprained his ankle. After checking in and paying our co-pay, I hear another mother say "I think my son might have chickenpox. He has a spot here and here..." you get the idea. Zach simultaneoulsy started walking (and running) like nothing ever happened. I had to decide what was riskier, getting his foot checked for piece of mind or risk getting the chickenpox. We left, Zach's foot is fine and hopefully chickenpox free. I really don't want him to get the chickenpox but I realized if he did - it would be one less shot I had to worry about - HA!! The IRONY!!

On to Sukkot! We had dinner in a sukkah on Thursday night. Josh and I looked at eachother and realized that we had not celebrated Sukkot since we were in Hebrew School. It was a beautiful night and we had a lot fun chasing Zach around and eating our $14.00 hotdogs.


Future Soccer Player and Coach



No comments: