Friday, June 18, 2010

Jeremy Max Shayne

Born June 17, 2010 at 8:43 PM
6lbs 13 oz., 21.5 inches

We were on cloud nine since we had the ECV procedure last week and then the s&*t really hit the fan. I started having crazy contractions on Monday afternoon but it wasn't your run of the mill labor pains. I did not feel good. Off to the doctor I went to find out I was running 100.5 temp and had a baby inside me with his little heart racing anywhere between 160 and 200 beats a minute. Not good! Lots of liquid, maybe a bladder infection and a ton of rest was ordered for me. A follow up non-stress test was scheduled just a couple days later - I was sure it would all be fine. Not so much. Babies heart was still racing Wednesday morning. Not quite sure what to do "Wheels" made an executive decision. He wanted this baby out and he wanted it now. I was 2 centimeters dilated and about 70 percent effaced. He swooped in and broke my water, told me he had a lecture and he might not be able to deliver the little guy but he would try and he was off. This was 2:00 PM yesterday. No more than an hour later, I was another centimeter and 100% effaced. A few more insane contractions, the nurse told me I could get an epidural if I wanted to - of course I did; and by the time that was in place it was about 5:00 PM and I was dilated to 6. Turned on the laker game and by 7:00 I dilated to ten and was ready for practice pushing. The baby was doing great so we literally waited for "Wheels" to get back from his lecture and he made it back in time to deliver Jeremy. It was a wild week and an even more wild day. We are still blown away (and thankful it happened so fast) and everyone is healthy. Now I just need to figure out how to pee so I can go home.

Jeremy is super mellow so far! He definitely resembles Zachy when he was a baby but it isn't overwhelming. He is a really good eater, has very little, very light hair, deep grey eyes and a cute little nose. Zach is doing awesome. He is being a great big brother and loves holding and kissing the baby. He just really wants us to come home.






8 comments:

Bethany said...

2 things, well actually 3!
1- you look super cute, love the outfit, 2- Jeremy is beyond cute and 3- CONGRATS!!!

Carrie said...

Congratulations! What a cute little guy. And I love the name Jeremy.

Jonathan said...

Yeahh!!!

Devon said...

So excited for you guys! I second Bethany's comments- Dave just said "Randi looks great!". Can't wait to meet Jeremy next time we are in Cali!!

McKenzie said...

Wow! Can't believe he is here already... congrats. He is darling and I love the name. Great job rock star :) Hope to talk to you soon once things slow down (hahaha... ok, so maybe when you get into a routine.)

Anna said...

Jeremy Max-you have great parents and they are so excited to finally meet you! Congrats to your whole family. I can't wait to meet him! Lots of love from the South...

Caroline said...

Congratulations! Glad to hear everything went well... XO

Randi said...

Thanks so much everyone! I can't wait for all of you to meet him. xoxo