Sunday, June 27, 2010

Jeremy's Bris

Ok, so I am finally coming back down to earth here. Taking a deep breath! What a crazy couple weeks all culminating with Jeremy's Bris on Friday. A bris is a crazy thing. I'm not sure what percentage of newborn baby boys get circumcised but I gather the number is relatively high. In other faiths, it is performed in the hospital, is fairly uneventful and I do not think parent participation is required. In our faith, we had to plan a party just eight days after giving birth. Not such an easy task. It is safe to say that Josh and I were both experiencing quite a bit of anxiety over this. Our first mohel was unavailable so we had a new one on the way. He was very particular and very focused on giving us a beautiful ceremony - all they way down to scattering rose petals on the "operation" table . I very much appreciated that but I was more concerned that he just did it right!! The day felt a little wild to us but after all is said and done, we had good company, a very nice ceremony and a successful circumcision! Thank you to everyone for taking time out of your day to share this joyous occasion with us. It was especially nice sharing the day with my cousins who also have their own small children as well - thank you Lauren and Tami for driving up (and down) here. Thank you to my parents for all your help and all the great food - I think we will be eating roast beef and turkey all week long, and a special thanks to Uncle Larry for taking such good care of Zach!!












And the afterparty - Zach jumping in the ice cold drink buckets!!




1 comment:

Melissa said...

What a beautiful family! You guys look great. Glad the bris went well- I was sorry to have missed it. I want to meet that cute baby soon! Love you!